Costa Maya is world famous for ancient Mayan ruins, but traditional culture is still alive for visitors looking for authentic experiences.
We met a local shaman who practices the spiritual beliefs of Mexico's ancient, indigenous peoples. On this shore excursion from our Carnival cruise, he shares with us the spiritual and wellness traditions of his ancestors, including a sweat lodge ceremony followed by a dip in sacred waters.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico
Let us help you plan your trip
- You Can Take a Chair Lift to the Beach on this Island
- Cruise Company Offers Ships as Floating Hospitals During COVID-19
- Cruising From the US is Back!
- Shaq is the 'Chief Fun Officer' of this Cruise Line
- Carnival Vista 'Taps' into Home Port Flavors for American Craft Beer Week
- 6 New Cruise Ships that Debuted this Fall You'll Want to Sail on in 2022