Many couples dream of getting married at sea. And now, British luxury cruise line Cunard has welcomed its first wedding booking by a same-sex couple.
Cunard has offered weddings on its ships since 2012 and has married hundreds of couples, but can now also conduct same-sex wedding ceremonies at sea.
Same-sex marriages have been practiced in Britain since 2014. But the Cunard fleet of ships: the Queen Mary2, the Queen Victoria, and the Queen Elizabeth, are registered in Bermuda. A Supreme Court ruling enabling same-sex marriages in Bermuda now enables same-sex couples to be married on board any of the line's 'Three 'Queens' ships.
So in addition to enjoying Cunard's grand scale of British traditional luxury including impeccable White Star Service, gourmet dining and world-class entertainment, perhaps on one of Cunard's legendary, regularly scheduled Transatlantic crossings, same-sex couples can also be joined in marriage during their cruise.
Couples who celebrate their weddings in the romantic, aristocratic British environment of a Cunard cruise will have memories for a lifetime. The wedding ceremony is performed by the ship’s Captain or Deputy Captain, and the marriage license is issued by Bermuda.
A Cunard Wedding at Sea package includes:
- A romantic ceremony at sea
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the on-board Wedding Coordinator
- Attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of the marriage certificate
- The cost of the license fees
- A bottle of Champagne in the cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- Wedding outfit pressing services
Cunard has a history of over 175 years of bringing people together, and welcoming same-sex weddings on its ships marries the best of British luxury traditions with a truly modern sensibility and inclusiveness.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Where do you want to go?
Winston Churchill. British royalty. Hollywood c... more
- Top 6 Wellness and Fitness Cruises You Should be Booking Now
- You Can Take Your Pet On This Cruise
- Is a World Cruise Right for You?
- Polish your Green Thumb on Cunard's First Festival of Flowers Voyage
- Cruise Company Offers Ships as Floating Hospitals During COVID-19
- Sail in the Path of History on a Transatlantic Cruise on the World's Only Ocean Liner