June 1st was the 132nd birthday of the iconic Banff Springs Hotel, and this year, the date marked another milestone: the re-opening of the four Fairmont Hotels in Canada’s Western Mountain region following a nearly two-month pandemic shutdown.
Fairmont Banff Springs is joined by its sister hotels in Canada’s western mountains Fairmount Chateau Lake Louise, Fairmont Chateau Whistler and Fairmount Jasper Park Lodge, which are also re-opening with new measures for guest and staff protection including physical distancing, new cleaning and disinfecting protocols, 48-hour periods between guests in rooms, and temporary changes to amenities like restaurants and spas.
Historic and Legendary
Canada’s ‘Castle Hotels’ are part of a string of luxury properties in epic wilderness and central downtown locations across the country. Today they are part of the Fairmont family of world wide landmark hotels. But they were originally built as railway hotels at the most scenic, or most important urban locations along Canada’s cross-country railroad. Styled with a vision of French chateaux in many cases, today’s Fairmont hotels in Canada are legendary.
Four hotels in Canada’s spectacular Western mountain resort regions are the first Fairmont hotels to re-open in Canada.
The setting for adventures in the wilderness, celebrations, milestones, romance, and many more unforgettable memories, the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and the Fairmont Chateau Whistler are spectacular mountain playgrounds.
Magic Every Season
At any time of the year, experience breathtaking moments in the mountains, in some cases, in the heart of some of Canada’s oldest National Parks, amidst glacier-fed spas, panoramic vantage points, and charming mountain towns. Discover breathtaking views of vast mountain ranges on a gondola ride. Get a glimpse of the bears, elk, deer or bighorn sheep that may live nearby.
Collectively, Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise and Whistler are renowned for being among the world’s best alpine ski destinations, where endless winter activity extends beyond your usual experiences on the slopes: the exhilaration of heli-skiing and dog sledding, the pristine backcountry scenery of cross-country skiing, and the romance of horse-drawn sleigh rides and ice-skating.
Summers at these mountain resorts celebrate the joys of alpine hiking and ziplining, fishing and canoeing, retracing the steps of early adventurers up tall peaks and through deep canyons, not to mention championship golf on a lush mountainside.
The Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel
Canada’s original ‘Castle in the Rockies’, located in the heart of Banff National Park only 90 minutes from Calgary, Alberta, the Fairmont Banff Springs hotel reflects the majesty and grandeur of its magnificent surroundings and features:
· Nearly 800 guest rooms from cozy rooms tucked away in quiet corners of the castle to spacious suites with sweeping Rocky Mountain views
· A dozen restaurants and lounges, including a 24-hour deli offering seasonal fare
· Direct access via ski shuttle to three world-class ski areas: Mt. Norquay, Sunshine Village, Lake Louise Ski Area
· Championship golf at Stanley Thompson–designed 18-hole and Tunnel 9-hole golf courses
· Willow Stream Spa
· Shops and boutiques
· Indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub and children’s wading pool
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise
One of the most iconic images of Canada is the castle form of Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise against the breathtaking backdrop of turquoise waters and mountain peaks of its namesake lake in Banff National Park. For over a century, the Chateau has been a symbol of elegance in the wilderness 2 hours from Calgary, and today features:
· Progressive environmental stewardship and responsible tourism in its natural setting
· Guided Mountain Heritage programs
· Hiking, canoeing, horseback riding and rafting in the summer, or
· Downhill and cross-country skiing, heli-skiing and ice-skating in the winter
· Nearly 600 alpine accented guest rooms and suites
· 8 restaurants and lounges, including 24-hour deli
· Health club, indoor pool and hot tub; salon with spa treatments
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
Deep within the Canadian Rockies, in a UNESCO World Heritage Site, The Fairmont
Jasper Park Lodge is one of the last authentic Western Canadian lodges in a charming village of cedar chalets and heritage log cabins lakeside with views of majestic mountain glaciers and features:
· Some of the best alpine skiing in the world 20 minutes away at Marmot Basin
· #1 Golf Resort in Canada just outside your cabin door in the mountains
· Abundance of wildlife experiences, icefield hiking, ice skating on the lake, canoeing or kayaking, snowshoeing or cross-country skiing,
· Rejuvenation at the luxurious Fairmont Spa
· Year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tub
· Local cuisine in 7 unique restaurants and dining rooms and unique outdoor settings
· Kids’ Club and Children’s Activity Centre
· 446 guest rooms, suites and Signature Cabins
The Fairmont Chateau Whistler
At the base of British Columbia’s famous Blackcomb Mountain and only 90 minutes from Vancouver, The Fairmont Chateau Whistler is one of North America’s top mountain playgrounds and features:
· Spectacular mountain or village views from each of 550 elegant guest rooms and suites
· True ski-in/ski-out convenience
· Championship golf at Canada’s only David Leadbetter Golf Academy
· Year round alpine activities including mountain hiking and charming sleigh rides
· Full-service spa, health club, including whirlpools, indoor/outdoor pools, sauna and steam rooms
· 5 unique restaurants and lounges, including famous après-ski and happy-hour gatherings
Whatever season you choose to visit any one of these magical mountain hotels, the sheer beauty of the landscape and the epic hotels nestled in the mountains will captivate you.
Start Your Trip!
Images courtesy Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Canada, Canada
Let us help you plan your trip
- Snuggle Up In the World's Largest Log Cabin
- Video: The Most Photographed Hotel in the World Celebrates 125 Years
- 3 Hotels You Can't Miss in San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Top Reasons This is Puerto Rico's Most Iconic Luxury Hotel
- First, Fully Digital Hotel to Open in Northern Europe
- 50 Years Since John Lennon's Bed-in for Peace: Video Inside that Hotel Suite Today