Local markets are one of the greatest delights of trips to the South of France. The glorious town of Avignon (perhaps best known for the song about its famous bridge) also has a renowned market. In addition to exquisite regional foods and food products, the charming locals are out in full force. Particularly the character behind the chicken counter, who's known for breaking out into the French national anthem while plucking a chicken!
Whether you visit Avignon by land or on a Rhone river cruise, don't miss the market. And when you go, say 'bonjour' to the poultry vendor like BestTripTV did on our trip to Avignon... and see if he'll sing you the Marseillaise too!
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Avignon, France
Let us help you plan your trip
Introducing Active Discovery Cruises Hike, Bike, Paint... more
Germany's Oktoberfest is a once-a-year celebration of bee... more
The scenic rivers of Europe are waiting for you in 2019!B... more
- Avalon Active Discovery River Cruises PLUS An Adventure Host
- Video: Germany's Most Romantic Christmas Market
- Video: The World's Largest Spring Flower Garden - in Full Bloom on a Tulip-Time River Cruise!
- Video Cruise Review: Tulips and Much More on an Avalon Spring Netherlands River Cruise
- 3 Beer River Cruises in Europe so you don't have to wait for Oktoberfest
- Limited Time! Fly Free to Europe for an Avalon Waterways River Cruise in 2019!