It may not be the most joyful travel experience you have in Northern France, but for families of veterans, and any grateful citizen, a visit to the World War 2 Landing Beaches in Normandy creates a lifetime of memories.
BestTrip.TV journeyed to the shores on a stormy English Channel to remember the brave souls from the UK, the US, and Canada who stormed those beaches in a last-ditch effort to free Europe and end the war. Along the Normandy coast, remnants of battlefield sites, moving war monuments and memorials and Canada's Juno Beach Centre are essential visits for families of veterans and soldiers who gave their lives, students and history buffs and anyone who understands the importance of keeping humankind's tragic lessons alive.
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Normandy, France
Let us help you plan your trip
See the highlights of Paris plus Brittany, the Loire Vall... more
- Juno Beach: The Ultimate Canadian Pilgrimage
- Video: A Canadian Veteran of DDay Explains Why You Should Visit the Juno Beach Centre
- Video: What Happens on a Visit to the Juno Beach Centre?
- Visit Juno Beach on this Normandy, Brittany & Châteaux Tour by Globus
- What's your Favorite Experience at the Juno Beach Centre? Reasons to Visit Canada's DDay Landing Beach During its 75th Anniversary Year
- Canadian Landing Beach Excursion from Princess Cruises in Le Havre