It's only 20 miles from Skagway, Alaska's deepwater port on the coast, to the border of Canada's Yukon. But what a 20 miles they are!
The White Pass & Yukon Route railway ride is one of the most dramatic scenic experiences in the Alaska Panhandle. No wonder it's an all-time favorite experience for cruise travelers arriving in the preserved, Wild (North)West town of Skagway. The tracks go right onto the dock, so we stepped off the Regent Seven Seas Mariner right onto the train. And from there, on an incredible climb to the Continental Divide and the border with Canada.
It's an epic journey of breathtaking scenery and Klondike Goldrush tales - in vintage train cars that take you back to the days of prospectors and adventurers.
Meet the train conductor and hear his stories of this fabled train - one of the world's most scenic and historic rail journeys.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Alaska
Let us help you plan your trip
EXPERIENCE INCLUSIVE LUXURY ALL-INCLUSIVE FARES FROM $4,... more
Cruise Sun Drenched Shores in Regent's Most-Inclusive... more
- Cruise to Alaska in 2018 on Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- Cruise to Cuba? Yes You Can!
- All-Inclusive Luxury Cruising the Caribbean on Regent Seven Seas Cruises
- New Cruise Ships Arriving this Fall in the Caribbean
- Video: 7 Things you didn't know about Alaska's Hubbard Glacier
- What you Need to Know About: Skagway, Alaska