- 8-day, 4-country itinerary highlights include
- a three-night rail journey aboard the Golden Eagle Danube Express train, bookended by
- 2-night hotel stay in Vienna and
- 2-night hotel stay in Milan.
ITINERARY FEATURES (Westbound):
- 2 nights at the Hotel Bristol in Vienna, where you’ll enjoy city sightseeing including visits to Belvedere Palace, the Hofburg and St. Stephen’s Cathedral. A private, after-hours tour of Schönbrunn Palace is on-tap for that evening, followed by dinner inside the palace at the Café Residenz.
- The following day, sip sparkling wine while attending a private concert in a historic Viennese venue, then
- Board the Golden Eagle Danube Express for the first of three overnights on the train.
- Travel west toward Austria’s Semmering Pass,
- Pass through incredible mountain landscapes before arriving at the Tyrolean village of Jenbach; board a local steam-powered train for an excursion to scenic Lake Achen.
- After a boat cruise on the lake, reboard the Danube Express and continue on to Innsbruck where a walking tour of the city’s historic district awaits.
- The next day, the Danube Express traverses Austria’s picturesque Vorarlberg province, crosses into Liechtenstein, and continues on to Zurich.
- Explore the city’s old town on a walking tour and visit the Kunsthaus Museum of Art.
- After a final overnight on the train, and after crossing the rugged Gotthard Pass into Italy, arrive in the beautiful lakeside town of Como.
- In Como, enjoy a walking tour and an organ concert in the city’s 14th-century marble cathedral, before reboarding the Danube Express, traveling to Milan, and disembarking a final time.
- 2-night stay in Milan at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia.
- Visit the Duomo and a 19th-century shopping arcade, the Galleria Vittorio Emmanuelle II, during a walking tour, and have time to explore the city’s bohemian Brera District on your own.
- Visit a cascina, or working farm, outside of the city; learn about sustainable farming and participate in a hands-on cooking lesson highlighting authentic regional cuisine.
- After a farewell reception in the hotel, travel to a nearby restaurant for their farewell dinner with local entertainment.
LIFE ABOARD THE DANUBE EXPRESS with TAUCK
YOUR JOURNEY INCLUDES:
CONTACT US FOR DATES, ITINERARY DETAILS AND PACKAGE PRICING
OF THIS UNIQUE LUXURY TAUCK RAIL JOURNEY IN EUROPE IN 2020!
Legendary filmmaker Ken Burns’ “Country Music” on PBS has... more
Six Exclusive 2020 Tauck Departures Featuring the Luxury ... more