Fascinated by WW2 history? This luxury Tauck river cruise offers unparalleled insights and access to Sir Winston Churchill’s legacy in London - as well as the extraordinary delights of France’s cuisine, culture and art.
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Presentation by Celia Sandys, granddaughter of Sir Winston Churchill
- TAUCK EXCLUSIVE – Private dinner (with music) at Château Bizy
- Private visit to the Churchill War Rooms in London
- London, Paris, Versailles, Beaches of Normandy, Les Andelys, Giverny
Journey from London to Paris by way of a River Seine cruise aboard ms Sapphire filled with Tauck exclusive experiences...
Private tasting tours, from wine to cheese to chocolate... discover treasured Parisian landmarks, steeped in history, culture and art... and return home with tales of adventures that become more exciting with each retelling.
Wind through fishing ports and medieval towns, tasting Normandy cuisine, visiting the D-Day invasion beaches of Normandy, finding the deep essence of calvados, pausing in ancient abbeys and the picturesque haunts of Impressionist painters, dining at a chateau in Rouen, exploring cobblestone lanes, walking in Monet’s garden at Giverny, visiting Van Gogh’s muse in Aubers-sur-Oise, a visit to a private castle, and incomparable Paris... well, riverboating seems like the only way to go!
Private tasting tours, from wine to cheese to chocolate... a presentation by Sir Winston Churchill's granddaughter, Celia Sandys... stop in London, and you’ll have a tale of two cities you’ll want to tell over and over again...
Monthly departures April – October 2021
12 days London - Paris
Fares starting at $6,790 USD/ $9050 CDN per person
ASK US ABOUT ITINERARY DETAILS, AVAILABLE DATES AND MORE
Your Riverboat: Tauck’s ms Sapphire
Redesigned in 2017 with a new deck plan optimized for the utmost in spaciousness, ms Sapphire is one of four 361-foot (110-meter) riverboats in Tauck's Destination Fleet that continues to maintain Tauck’s high standards for quality — with 70% of her cabins measuring 225 square feet or larger – and accommodating no more than 98 guests, while similar-sized riverboats average about 160.
In addition to our main dining room, The Compass Rose, the ship also features Arthur's, a second dining venue offering casual fare.
London Pre-Cruise: The Savoy
One of the world’s most prestigious hotels, The Savoy is located on the banks of the Thames in the heart of the city. This legendary hotel has undergone the most ambitious restoration in British history, which has achieved a rare blend of unabashedly old-fashioned glamour and 21st-century amenities and style. When it’s time for a little refreshment, classic venues such as the American Bar, Simpson’s-in-the-Strand, the Thames Foyer with its afternoon tea and the Savoy Grill are beloved London institutions.
TAUCK Value Includes:
· All gratuities to ship staff, drivers, local guides, Tauck Directors and Tauck Cruise Director
· All private Tauck shore excursions and distinctive inclusions – thousands of dollars in value!
· Two nights in London at The Savoy, one of the world’s most prestigious hotels
· Choice of visit to Château de Versailles or walking tour of Montmartre
· Cider, chocolate, wine and calvados tastings
· Guided visits to D-Day Invasion Beaches & related sites in Normandy
· Choice of museum visits in Paris
· Visit to artist Claude Monet’s house and gardens in Giverny
· Choice of visits to Étretat & Honfleur, or Caen & Bayeux
· Unlimited complimentary beverages aboard ship include regional wine, beer and premium spirits in addition to specialty coffee, water and soft drinks
· Airport and train station transfers upon arrival and departure as noted
· 28 meals; service charges, taxes, porterage, and applicable fuel surcharge
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.
Cruising the Seine, plus Paris & London with Churchill’s Granddaughter on a Tauck Luxury River Cruise
Fascinated by WW2 history? This luxury Tauck river c... more