In colorful Newfoundland turn of phrase, you might say that Fogo Island is far away from far away. The island is remote; only accessible by ferries and helicopter flights that defy dramatic weather and waves to drop visitors on a a rocky outpost in the North Atlantic that until recently was a centuries-old, declining fishing community. This is not where you might expect to find a hotel that has won world-wide acclaim for its architecture, experience, social responsibility, and design.
Start your Trip!
Copyright BestTrip.TV/Influence Entertainment Group Inc or Rights Holder. All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Start your trip to Newfoundland and Labrador
Let us help you plan your trip
Escape the Summer Heat.Discover elation at every elevatio... more
Vineyards from all over the world unite with Relais & Châ... more
It occupies the most prime location in Costa Rica's Guana... more
- Great Deals at Great Heights at North America's Top Mountain Resorts
- Travel the 'Road to Happiness': Relais & Chateaux' Wine Routes
- Accor's New-Concept 'Millennial' Hotels: 'Revolutionizing' Travel?
- Diving the Mediterranean in Malta
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts Makes 5-Star Award History
- The Only 5-Star Resort in Latin America Gets a $35 Million Reno