Everyone experiences travel differently, and this may be most true of historic sites. Standing on the spot where history was made is a profound experience that transcends any amount of studying, reading, watching documentaries or films. When you are actually there, the sights, sounds, perspective and your historic imagination all combine for a more meaningful understanding of moments that changed our world.
The Juno Beach Centre provides visitors today with the opportunity to visualize first-hand the WW2 DDay Landings in June, 1944, from a Canadian point of view. No matter what you thought you knew or understood coming to the Juno Beach Centre, its interactive displays, stories, interpretive tours of the restored bunkers and beaches themselves speak to each visitor differently.
It's a pilgrimage all Canadians should undertake.
BestTrip asked staff and visitors which aspect of visiting the Juno Beach Centre impacts them the most. You'll have your own favorite experience after you visit Juno Beach, too.
Start your Trip!
Start your trip to Normandy, France
Let us help you plan your trip
See the highlights of Paris plus Brittany, the Loire Vall... more
- Juno Beach: The Ultimate Canadian Pilgrimage
- Video: Normandy WW2 Landing Beaches
- Video: A Canadian Veteran of DDay Explains Why You Should Visit the Juno Beach Centre
- Video: What Happens on a Visit to the Juno Beach Centre?
- Visit Juno Beach on this Normandy, Brittany & Châteaux Tour by Globus
- Canadian Landing Beach Excursion from Princess Cruises in Le Havre